ace-dev mailing list archives

From "Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech" <Taranbir.Si...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: ClientRepositoryAdmin Schema
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 17:20:08 GMT
Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the response.

It is something complex to explain. Actually we have developed the application and it is ready
to reach end users. We have found a bug in our code at last stages and do not want to touch
the server now.

As a short term fix, We are trying to write a standalone batch process to fix the issue in
case the known bug occurs in production environment. This batch process essentially is to
remove associations between targets and softwares, so we are trying to directly manipulate
the ClientRepositoryAdmin .

In future we will provide a long term fix with a proper code changes.

I hope you would have understood the context now.

Thanks
Taran

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Offermans [mailto:marcel.offermans@luminis.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:40 PM
To: dev@ace.apache.org
Cc: Venkateshwarlu D; Vinod Kumar
Subject: Re: ClientRepositoryAdmin Schema

Hello Taran,

Could you please explain what you are trying to achieve? The XML of those repositories is
not considered to be "public API" so directly manipulating them is not supported and their
schema might change in the future.

We have a REST API and a Web UI for manipulating that repository, so my question is: why don't
you use that instead?

Greetings, Marcel

On Feb 13, 2013, at 13:58 PM, "Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech" <Taranbir.Singh@hcl.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are working on apache ace and trying to understand the XML Schema of ClientRepositoryAdmin
for some requirement.

> Is it possible to provide the  xml schema of the ClientRepositoryAdmin repository?
>
> Thanks
> Taran
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::
> --------

named recipient(s) only.
> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
> late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of
> the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of
> HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
> copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately.