ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Associations
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 17:26:07 GMT
Hello Taran,

To be honest, you should not be editing those files directly at all. They are not part of
our APIs and there is no reliable way to "hand edit" them. You should probably talk to the
REST API [1] if you want to make such changes programmatically.

Greetings, Marcel

[1] http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/restapi.html

On Feb 1, 2013, at 14:31 PM, "Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech" <Taranbir.Singh@hcl.com>
wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> I want to delete the license2gateway association, I have modifed the xml files (backup,
curent and some with numeric numbers like 10, 11, 12)

> Ace is automatically refreshing these files and the license2gateway associations I deleted
manually are coming back.

> I am looking for a manual way to delete the license2gateway associations.
>
> Early response would help. Thanks in advance.
>

> Thanks
> Taran

detail the steps you took, where you got stuck and what you would like to do?

> Greetings, Marcel
>

> On Feb 1, 2013, at 12:30 PM, "Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech" <Taranbir.Singh@hcl.com>
wrote:

>> HI,
>>
>> When a new software is installed, in which files the association is made ?
>>
>> I want to remove the association manual for some reason in ACE and trying to find
out the list of file where I need to remove the association.

>> Thanks
>> Taran
>>

>> ::DISCLAIMER::
>> --------
>>
>> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for
the named recipient(s) only.
>> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
>> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
>> late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
>> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of
>> the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of
>> HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
>> copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately.