ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Importing ace trunk into eclipse 4.2.1 with bndtools 2.0 failed
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2013 08:47:54 GMT
Hello Tang,

I had a few problems with Java 7, which have to do with the way the OSGi alliance relied on
compiling generics back to 1.4 compatible code. This is a common OSGi problem and can be rectified
by using the latest core and compendium. However, as part of ACE-335 I wanted to just do the
steps to migrate to Bndtools 2. We have a separate issue to make the code Java 7 compatible.

So, Java 6 will work. Java 7 might, but you might have to fix some things yourself for now.
It's on the roadmap to commit those fixes, I just have not had time to do it yet.

Greetings, Marcel

On Feb 17, 2013, at 9:26 , Tang Yong <tangyong@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> Thanks your reply very much! and useful!
>
> I will install testng, sorry.
>
> In addition, I used jdk 7 and should be no problem?
>
> Thanks
> --Tang
>
> Marcel Offermans wrote:
>> Hello Tang,
>> On Feb 17, 2013, at 3:20 AM, Tang Yong <tangyong@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>>> I have tried to import ace trunk into eclipse 4.2.1 with bndtools
>>> 2.0,but failed, deeply, while switching into Bndtools perspective, the
>>> whole ace ws's building failed. Needing to saying that my env is behind
>>> a proxy server.
>> It's a bit difficult to guess without some more specific error messages, but could
you please check a couple of things:
>> 1) Did you install the TestNG Eclipse plugin as well? Without it (and Bndtools 2)
the build does not work in Eclipse.
>> 2) Make sure for now to select Java 6, and also make sure you set the compiler to
produce 1.6 code. If you set these for the whole workspace, all projects should use these
settings.