ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Importing ace trunk into eclipse 4.2.1 with bndtools 2.0 failed
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:27:36 GMT
Hello Tang,

I just tested this, and I get the same error message. I've just created an issue for this
[1] and I will look into it. Thanks for reporting it!

Greetings, Marcel

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-336

On Feb 17, 2013, at 12:17 , Tang Yong <tangyong@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> Now, I have ran ace server successfully , however, while running "target.bndrun" file
from the "run-target" project, the following info displayed on eclipse console:

> ! Failed to start bundle org.apache.ace.managementagent-1.0.0, exception activator error
org/osgi/service/cm/SynchronousConfigurationListener from: org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager:start#228
> ____________________________
> Welcome to Apache Felix Gogo
>
> g! lb
> START LEVEL 1
>   ID|State      |Level|Name
>    0|Active     |    0|System Bundle (4.0.3)
>    1|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Command (0.12.0)
>    2|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Runtime (0.10.0)
>    3|Resolved   |    1|org.apache.ace.managementagent (1.0.0)
>    4|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Shell (0.10.0)
>
> And, in web ui's target column, the target did not show up. According to [1], "After
a few seconds, the target should show up in the Web UI.", whether there are something wrong
with me or not?

> [1]: http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/getting-started.html
>
> Thanks
> --Tang
>
> Tang Yong wrote:
>> Hi Marcel,
>> Thanks your reply and I see.
>> Tang
>> Marcel Offermans wrote:
>>> Hello Tang,
>>>
>>> I had a few problems with Java 7, which have to do with the way the OSGi alliance
relied on compiling generics back to 1.4 compatible code. This is a common OSGi problem and
can be rectified by using the latest core and compendium. However, as part of ACE-335 I wanted
to just do the steps to migrate to Bndtools 2. We have a separate issue to make the code Java
7 compatible.

>>> So, Java 6 will work. Java 7 might, but you might have to fix some things yourself
for now. It's on the roadmap to commit those fixes, I just have not had time to do it yet.

>>> Greetings, Marcel

but could you please check a couple of things:
Bndtools 2) the build does not work in Eclipse.
compiler to produce 1.6 code. If you set these for the whole workspace, all projects should
use these settings.