ace-dev mailing list archives

From Tang Yong <tangy...@cn.fujitsu.com>
Subject Re: Importing ace trunk into eclipse 4.2.1 with bndtools 2.0 failed
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:49:41 GMT
OK, I will try it tomorrow.

Thanks. Marcel

--Tang

Marcel Offermans wrote:
> You're welcome. It turned out to be only a small bug, introduced by the migration to
Bndtools 2, or rather, by upgrading to the latest "Felix Configuration Admin" implementation.
It should be fixed now.

> Greetings, Marcel
>

> On Feb 18, 2013, at 10:29 , Tang Yong <tangyong@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> Thanks quick confirmation!
>>
>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-336
>> I see.
>>
>> Greetings, Tang
>>
>> Marcel Offermans wrote:
>>> Hello Tang,
>>> I just tested this, and I get the same error message. I've just created an issue
for this [1] and I will look into it. Thanks for reporting it!
>>> Greetings, Marcel
>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-336

file from the "run-target" project, the following info displayed on eclipse console:

activator error org/osgi/service/cm/SynchronousConfigurationListener from: org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager:start#228

[1], "After a few seconds, the target should show up in the Web UI.", whether there are something
wrong with me or not?

OSGi alliance relied on compiling generics back to 1.4 compatible code. This is a common OSGi
problem and can be rectified by using the latest core and compendium. However, as part of
ACE-335 I wanted to just do the steps to migrate to Bndtools 2. We have a separate issue to
make the code Java 7 compatible.

things yourself for now. It's on the roadmap to commit those fixes, I just have not had time
to do it yet.

error messages, but could you please check a couple of things:
it (and Bndtools 2) the build does not work in Eclipse.
you set the compiler to produce 1.6 code. If you set these for the whole workspace, all projects
should use these settings.