ace-dev mailing list archives

From Tang Yong <tangy...@cn.fujitsu.com>
Subject Re: Importing ace trunk into eclipse 4.2.1 with bndtools 2.0 failed
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:29:42 GMT
Hi Marcel,

Thanks quick confirmation!

 > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-336
I see.

Greetings, Tang

Marcel Offermans wrote:
> Hello Tang,
>
> I just tested this, and I get the same error message. I've just created an issue for
this [1] and I will look into it. Thanks for reporting it!

> Greetings, Marcel
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-336
>

> On Feb 17, 2013, at 12:17 , Tang Yong <tangyong@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> Now, I have ran ace server successfully , however, while running "target.bndrun"
file from the "run-target" project, the following info displayed on eclipse console:

>> ! Failed to start bundle org.apache.ace.managementagent-1.0.0, exception activator
error org/osgi/service/cm/SynchronousConfigurationListener from: org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager:start#228
>> ____________________________
>> Welcome to Apache Felix Gogo
>>
>> g! lb
>> START LEVEL 1
>>   ID|State      |Level|Name
>>    0|Active     |    0|System Bundle (4.0.3)
>>    1|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Command (0.12.0)
>>    2|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Runtime (0.10.0)
>>    3|Resolved   |    1|org.apache.ace.managementagent (1.0.0)
>>    4|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Shell (0.10.0)
>>
>> And, in web ui's target column, the target did not show up. According to [1], "After
a few seconds, the target should show up in the Web UI.", whether there are something wrong
with me or not?

>> [1]: http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/getting-started.html
>>
>> Thanks
>> --Tang
>>
>> Tang Yong wrote:
>>> Hi Marcel,
>>> Thanks your reply and I see.
>>> Tang

alliance relied on compiling generics back to 1.4 compatible code. This is a common OSGi problem
and can be rectified by using the latest core and compendium. However, as part of ACE-335
I wanted to just do the steps to migrate to Bndtools 2. We have a separate issue to make the
code Java 7 compatible.

yourself for now. It's on the roadmap to commit those fixes, I just have not had time to do
it yet.

but could you please check a couple of things:
(and Bndtools 2) the build does not work in Eclipse.
the compiler to produce 1.6 code. If you set these for the whole workspace, all projects should
use these settings.