ace-dev mailing list archives

From Tang Yong <tangy...@cn.fujitsu.com>
Subject Re: Importing ace trunk into eclipse 4.2.1 with bndtools 2.0 failed
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2013 08:49:10 GMT
Hi Marcel,

Thanks your reply and I see.

Tang

Marcel Offermans wrote:
> Hello Tang,
>
> I had a few problems with Java 7, which have to do with the way the OSGi alliance relied
on compiling generics back to 1.4 compatible code. This is a common OSGi problem and can be
rectified by using the latest core and compendium. However, as part of ACE-335 I wanted to
just do the steps to migrate to Bndtools 2. We have a separate issue to make the code Java
7 compatible.

> So, Java 6 will work. Java 7 might, but you might have to fix some things yourself for
now. It's on the roadmap to commit those fixes, I just have not had time to do it yet.

> Greetings, Marcel
>
> On Feb 17, 2013, at 9:26 , Tang Yong <tangyong@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> Thanks your reply very much! and useful!
>>
>> I will install testng, sorry.
>>
>> In addition, I used jdk 7 and should be no problem?
>>
>> Thanks
>> --Tang
>>
>> Marcel Offermans wrote:
>>> It's a bit difficult to guess without some more specific error messages, but
could you please check a couple of things:
>>> 1) Did you install the TestNG Eclipse plugin as well? Without it (and Bndtools
2) the build does not work in Eclipse.
>>> 2) Make sure for now to select Java 6, and also make sure you set the compiler
to produce 1.6 code. If you set these for the whole workspace, all projects should use these
settings.