ace-dev mailing list archives

From Venkateshwarlu D <venkateshwarl...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: ClientRepositoryAdmin Schema
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 08:43:33 GMT
Hi Marcel,

We have generated 2 xml-schema files. Could you please review that they are correct?

Thanks
Venkat

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Offermans [mailto:marcel.offermans@luminis.nl]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:53 AM
To: dev@ace.apache.org
Cc: Venkateshwarlu D; Vinod Kumar
Subject: Re: ClientRepositoryAdmin Schema

Hello Taran,

I understand. Because it's not an official API, we don't really have a schema. The XML is
generated using XStream based on a set of Java classes.

You should start with RepositoryAdminImpl, which controls all the actual repositories which
are in turn all derived from ObjectRepositoryImpl. There, you will find a "marshal" method
that is the base for streaming all objects to XML. This is a standard XStream mechanism, so
if you want to learn more about it you might want to read its documentation. In short our
Java classes determine the "schema" of that XML file.

I hope this helps.

Greetings, Marcel

On Feb 13, 2013, at 18:20 PM, "Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech" <Taranbir.Singh@hcl.com>
wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> It is something complex to explain. Actually we have developed the application and it
is ready to reach end users. We have found a bug in our code at last stages and do not want
to touch the server now.

> As a short term fix, We are trying to write a standalone batch process to fix the issue
in case the known bug occurs in production environment. This batch process essentially is
to remove associations between targets and softwares, so we are trying to directly manipulate
the ClientRepositoryAdmin .

> In future we will provide a long term fix with a proper code changes.
>
> I hope you would have understood the context now.
>
> Thanks
> Taran

is not considered to be "public API" so directly manipulating them is not supported and their
schema might change in the future.

> We have a REST API and a Web UI for manipulating that repository, so my question is:
why don't you use that instead?

> Greetings, Marcel
>

> On Feb 13, 2013, at 13:58 PM, "Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech" <Taranbir.Singh@hcl.com>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> We are working on apache ace and trying to understand the XML Schema of ClientRepositoryAdmin
for some requirement.

>> Is it possible to provide the  xml schema of the ClientRepositoryAdmin repository?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Taran
>>

>> ::DISCLAIMER::
>> --------
>>
>> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for
the named recipient(s) only.
>> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
>> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
>> late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
>> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of
>> the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of
>> HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
>> copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately.