ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Importing ace trunk into eclipse 4.2.1 with bndtools 2.0 failed
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:02:52 GMT
You're welcome. It turned out to be only a small bug, introduced by the migration to Bndtools
2, or rather, by upgrading to the latest "Felix Configuration Admin" implementation. It should
be fixed now.

Greetings, Marcel

On Feb 18, 2013, at 10:29 , Tang Yong <tangyong@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> Thanks quick confirmation!
>
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-336
> I see.
>
> Greetings, Tang
>
> Marcel Offermans wrote:
>> Hello Tang,
>> I just tested this, and I get the same error message. I've just created an issue
for this [1] and I will look into it. Thanks for reporting it!
>> Greetings, Marcel
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-336
>> On Feb 17, 2013, at 12:17 , Tang Yong <tangyong@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Marcel,
>>>
>>> Now, I have ran ace server successfully , however, while running "target.bndrun"
file from the "run-target" project, the following info displayed on eclipse console:

>>> ! Failed to start bundle org.apache.ace.managementagent-1.0.0, exception activator
error org/osgi/service/cm/SynchronousConfigurationListener from: org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager:start#228
>>> ____________________________
>>> Welcome to Apache Felix Gogo
>>>
>>> g! lb
>>> START LEVEL 1
>>>  ID|State      |Level|Name
>>>   0|Active     |    0|System Bundle (4.0.3)
>>>   1|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Command (0.12.0)
>>>   2|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Runtime (0.10.0)
>>>   3|Resolved   |    1|org.apache.ace.managementagent (1.0.0)
>>>   4|Active     |    1|Apache Felix Gogo Shell (0.10.0)
>>>
>>> And, in web ui's target column, the target did not show up. According to [1],
"After a few seconds, the target should show up in the Web UI.", whether there are something
wrong with me or not?

>>> [1]: http://ace.apache.org/user-doc/getting-started.html
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> --Tang

alliance relied on compiling generics back to 1.4 compatible code. This is a common OSGi problem
and can be rectified by using the latest core and compendium. However, as part of ACE-335
I wanted to just do the steps to migrate to Bndtools 2. We have a separate issue to make the
code Java 7 compatible.

yourself for now. It's on the roadmap to commit those fixes, I just have not had time to do
it yet.

messages, but could you please check a couple of things:
it (and Bndtools 2) the build does not work in Eclipse.
set the compiler to produce 1.6 code. If you set these for the whole workspace, all projects
should use these settings.