ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: ClientRepositoryAdmin Schema
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:05:47 GMT
I'm no XML schema expert, but this looks okay.

The entities we have in our repositories internally all have a concept of "attributes" and
"tags". The idea behind those are that attributes are what makes up an entity (so if we had
an entity called Shoe, it might have attributes for "shoe size" and "colour"). Tags on the
other hand are things that any user could add to an entity (again, for our Shoe, a tag could
be "coolness" to rate how cool someone things a particular shoe is).

So your XML schema might be a bit too strict when it comes to possible extensions (that's
where my lack of knowledge of XML schema comes in) because you might find entities in there
with tags.

Anyway, I already warned you about future versions and how this could all change. :)

Greetings, Marcel

On Feb 14, 2013, at 9:43 , Venkateshwarlu D <venkateshwarlu.d@hcl.com> wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> We have generated 2 xml-schema files. Could you please review that they are correct?
>

> Thanks
> Venkat

is generated using XStream based on a set of Java classes.

> You should start with RepositoryAdminImpl, which controls all the actual repositories
which are in turn all derived from ObjectRepositoryImpl. There, you will find a "marshal"
method that is the base for streaming all objects to XML. This is a standard XStream mechanism,
so if you want to learn more about it you might want to read its documentation. In short our
Java classes determine the "schema" of that XML file.

> I hope this helps.
>
> Greetings, Marcel
>

> On Feb 13, 2013, at 18:20 PM, "Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech" <Taranbir.Singh@hcl.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> Thanks for the response.
>>
>> It is something complex to explain. Actually we have developed the application and
it is ready to reach end users. We have found a bug in our code at last stages and do not
want to touch the server now.

>> As a short term fix, We are trying to write a standalone batch process to fix the
issue in case the known bug occurs in production environment. This batch process essentially
is to remove associations between targets and softwares, so we are trying to directly manipulate
the ClientRepositoryAdmin .

>> In future we will provide a long term fix with a proper code changes.
>>
>> I hope you would have understood the context now.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Taran

is not considered to be "public API" so directly manipulating them is not supported and their
schema might change in the future.

>> We have a REST API and a Web UI for manipulating that repository, so my question
is: why don't you use that instead?

>> Greetings, Marcel
>>

>> On Feb 13, 2013, at 13:58 PM, "Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech" <Taranbir.Singh@hcl.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We are working on apache ace and trying to understand the XML Schema of ClientRepositoryAdmin
for some requirement.

>>> Is it possible to provide the  xml schema of the ClientRepositoryAdmin repository?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Taran
>>>

>>> ::DISCLAIMER::
>>> --------
>>>
>>> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
>>> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
>>> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
>>> late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its
contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the
originator or HCL or its affiliates.
>>> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of
>>> the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of
>>> HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
>>> copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this
message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender
immediately.