ace-dev mailing list archives

From John Dunlap <john.david.dun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repository Integration Plan with existing tools
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 00:18:56 GMT
IMHO it would make considerably more sense to use the sonatype aether api to pull artifacts
directly from maven repositories instead of using a source control system to deliver binary
artifacts. That's my two cents, for whatever it is worth.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate(tm) on AT&T

Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:

>Hello Taran,
>
>Actually, when we designed the API for the repositories (this was before the project was
donated to Apache) we actually had a discussion about implementing them with Git. This was
over five years ago though, when there was no Java implementation of Git, nor such wide adoption.
However, the API is simple enough to easily implement in either Git or some other version
control system and doing so might give you a lot of benefits, such as free replication, etc.

>We definitely would not mind a contribution of an alternative implementation in this area!
>
>Greetings, Marcel
>

>On Aug 10, 2012, at 9:32 AM, Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech wrote:
>
>> Currently ACE manage the repositories on filesystem.
>>
>> Just want to check if there are any plans to integrate the repository feature of
ACE with existing tools like GIT, SVN etc ?