ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Repository Integration Plan with existing tools
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:33:15 GMT
Hello Taran,

Actually, when we designed the API for the repositories (this was before the project was donated
to Apache) we actually had a discussion about implementing them with Git. This was over five
years ago though, when there was no Java implementation of Git, nor such wide adoption. However,
the API is simple enough to easily implement in either Git or some other version control system
and doing so might give you a lot of benefits, such as free replication, etc.

We definitely would not mind a contribution of an alternative implementation in this area!

Greetings, Marcel

On Aug 10, 2012, at 9:32 AM, Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech wrote:

> Currently ACE manage the repositories on filesystem.
>
> Just want to check if there are any plans to integrate the repository feature of ACE
with existing tools like GIT, SVN etc ?