ace-dev mailing list archives

From "Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech" <Taranbir.Si...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: ACE GUI Plan
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 08:57:26 GMT
Thanks for the response.

In addition to UI, we have been facing difficulties in running ACE on HTTPS mode, I have sent
a mail few days back on this mailing list with the details. I have not received any response
yet.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Willem Janssen [mailto:janwillem.janssen@luminis.eu]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 2:24 PM
To: dev@ace.apache.org
Subject: Re: ACE GUI Plan

On 7/9/12 10:44 AM, Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech wrote:
> Is there any plan to include these functionalities: - Start/Stop from
> GUI.

You mean to start/stop a target? This is going to be a bit difficult, as the target is not
under direct control of ACE. It simply "phones home" to see what needs to be done and/or transfer
its current state to ACE.
In contrast, if you're deploying to a target running on Amazon, there's some option to have
more fine-grained control over the node by means of the JClouds API.

> - View Audit logs

There's already a simple log-viewer per target (double-click it in the UI to see this). I've
got some ideas to improve this view, but I first await the transition to BndTools before I'm
making any modifications.

If you find any other functionality lacking or missing in the UI, don't hesitate to report
it either on the mailing list, or in JIRA.
All the help we can get is certainly welcome!

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is:/

Luminis Technologies B.V.
IJsselburcht 3
6825 BS  Arnhem
+31 88 586 46 30

http://www.luminis-technologies.com
http://www.luminis.eu

KvK (CoC) 09 16 28 93
BTW (VAT) NL8169.78.566.B.01

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e
mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may
not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized
representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately.