ace-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: ACE GUI Plan
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 08:54:18 GMT

On 7/9/12 10:44 AM, Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech wrote:
> Is there any plan to include these functionalities: - Start/Stop
> from GUI.

You mean to start/stop a target? This is going to be a bit difficult,
as the target is not under direct control of ACE. It simply "phones
home" to see what needs to be done and/or transfer its current state
to ACE.
In contrast, if you're deploying to a target running on Amazon,
there's some option to have more fine-grained control over the node by
means of the JClouds API.

> - View Audit logs

There's already a simple log-viewer per target (double-click it in the
UI to see this). I've got some ideas to improve this view, but I first
await the transition to BndTools before I'm making any modifications.

If you find any other functionality lacking or missing in the UI,
don't hesitate to report it either on the mailing list, or in JIRA.
All the help we can get is certainly welcome!

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814