ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Heads up: refactoring the codebase!
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 21:14:00 GMT
Looks like we're mostly done. All the references to the old terminology we could find, have
been changed (in code, configurations, data, etc.). Take care that this change also affected
some internal data structures, which means we've made some incompatible changes.

All tests seem to run fine here, and the UI shows up. We do need to do more testing over the
next couple of days, and could use some extra eyes to review the changes we made, so feel
free to jump in and help out. Make sure to update all projects and do a clean build.

Greetings, Marcel

On Mar 16, 2012, at 10:00 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> +1, no problem at all. I will take a look on your changes, and work with you on it ;)
>
> Thanks Marcel ;)
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 03/15/2012 11:27 AM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>> Guys, tomorrow I'd like to start working on ACE-63, which is one of the longest standing
open issues that I feel we should finally resolve to make the codebase easier to comprehend.

>> However, this typically is an issue that will affect almost all of the codebase,
which is why I'm giving everybody a heads up now. Things will change tomorrow, so if you are
currently working on something, either try to commit it in a working state today, or hold
it and update it when I'm done.

>> Btw, when touching this large part of the codebase, I was thinking about taking on
ACE-213 at the same time. JB, is that okay with you (since you intended to work on it)?