ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: About ace's source svn and build behind http proxy
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:52:40 GMT
Hello Tang,

On Feb 15, 2012, at 2:57 AM, Tang Yong wrote:

> Hello dev team,
>
> I come from China Fujitsu and love osgi-related topics such as
> provisioning in osgi and etc.

Great to hear you share our passion!

> Yesterday, I firstly built the ace from source on my company behind http
> proxy. From the old cwiki(https://cwiki.apache.org/ACE,:)wish the new
> website can be finished quickly), I found that,
>
> 1) ace's source svn address has been invalid.
>
> [invalid address]
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ace/trunk/
>
> [valid address]
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ace/trunk

We actually have an open issue to track the progress for this bug:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-213

Jean Baptiste should be working on it?! :)

> 2)build manual behind http proxy
>
> while I build and start the ace from trunk, if having http proxy,
> ace can not startup normally. So, I googled the
> problem(http://team.ops4j.org/browse/PAXRUNNER-286)
> and found that if modifying the
> ace-target-devserver\target\org.apache.ace.target.devserver-0.8.1-
> incubator-SNAPSHOT-distribution\ace-devserver's run.bat file with the
> following:
>
> call java -Dhttp.proxyHost=XXXX -Dhttp.proxyPort=YYYY -jar
> pax-runner.jar --autoWrap --workingDirectory=. scan-dir:ace-bundles
> scan-dir:required-bundles scan-file:file:conf/platform.properties %1 %2 %3
>
> then, the ace's server can startup normally.
>
> Whether can make a faq about it or not?

To be honest, so far not many people have asked for it, but it is in my opinion a good question
to put in our FAQ. If nobody objects, I will add it.

Greetings, Marcel