ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jan 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 11:21:21 GMT
On Jan 2, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Toni Menzel wrote:

> Happy New Year, everyone.

Same to you and everyone else on the list!

> Out of curiosity : Where in the process are we ? Any way to track this ?

We're basically here:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#life-after-graduation

As you can see, the process starts with a list of things I need to do as a chair. I'm working
on getting all of them done asap now, so the assembly of the new PMC can start.

> How can i help out - if possible at all?

So far, not much I'm afraid. A lot of it is on either my plate, or infra. You could have a
go at an initial text for the board report for this month if you like.

> While graduation is big celebration - its also a pause to the projects
> progress - so it should be a short time frame - shouldn't it ?

Agreed. On the other hand, as long as infra is not yet migrating our resources, everybody
can still contribute patches, ideas and commit code, so work does not have to come to a halt
now!

One thing I am considering, is migrating our website to the new Apache CMS. As you might or
might not know, Confluence is being slowly fased out as a CMS for the website of projects
(it can still be used as a wiki though). In stead, a new CMS was created and graduation might
be a good moment in time to migrate to it. WDYT?

Greetings, Marcel

>>> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
>>> http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter