ace-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject ace-launcher
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:37:37 GMT

Hi,

The past couple of days I've been working on a possible contribution
for the ACE project: the ace-launcher.

So, what does it do? It simply provides a managed service that can be
configured to launch an arbitrary (external) process, such as a JVM. A
use case for this would be that you might want to provision a kind of
bootstrap application from ACE to a node which on its own starts, for
example, a Glassfish server.

Current features include:
- - monitors the launched process and can respawn it again if it
  (unexpectedly) terminates;
- - provides hooks to run an arbritary piece of code before a process
  is launched, and after a process is terminated;
- - can launch multiple instances of a process, if desired.

As I want to donate my code to the ACE project, I'm looking for some
standards and guidelines before submitting the patch. Another thing
is: what package name should/can I use?

Regards,

  Jan Willem Janssen

- --