ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Target column extensions...
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:41:08 GMT
Hello JB,

To reproduce the problem before you apply the patch:

1) build ACE
2) run the ace-target-devserver
3) run a ace-launcher
4) log in and double click on the "configuredGatewayID" in the ACE UI

...now watch the stack traces fly by :)

After the patch, the tabs that don't work without a registered target will simply report that
they cannot display any information.

Greetings, Marcel

On Nov 10, 2011, at 16:32 PM, jb@nanthrax.net wrote:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> Just testing the patch on my machine. It sounds good to me, let me check it.
>
> Thanks
> Regards
> JB
>
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> jbonofre@apache.org
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://wwx.talend.com

attach to the target column. These plugins can basically find a target in either registered
or unregistered mode, and without explicit checks, you cannot assume all targets are registered.

> However, the fix is just a stop gap. A better fix would be to allow plugins to specifically
register for a registered or unregistered target. This does mean that the number of tabs that
you see will vary, which might confuse a user.