ace-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using the Sling OSGi Installer?
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 11:58:30 GMT
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Marcel Offermans
<marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
>>> ...Oh, and like with FileInstall it's possible to add support for other
>>> artifact types. For example we have support for deployment packages
>>> etc.
>
> Are those plugins for File Install part of Sling? I am wondering where we should
> collect them (in the context of Bram's mail about his contribution to Felix)...

Yes they are under
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/installer/ in "providers".

As a Sling committer, I would support giving committers from other
OSGi-related ASF projects commit access to that tree, with a "please
ask before breaking stuff" policy, so that we could contribute on
improving the installer there (or move that code to Felix and make
that happen there with the same policy).

-Bertrand