ace-dev mailing list archives

From mvangeert...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:44:17 GMT
Hey, in that case, because I will be using Ace operationally, I'd love the administrative work.
:-)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb@nanthrax.net>
To: ace-dev@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:41:38 AM
Subject: Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?

Hi Mike,

as reminder, PMC is not a leader position, and it's not necessary linked
to contributions (even if it's mostly the case ;)).
It's like a PMC chair is not a project leader, it's more an
"administrative" position.

Regards
JB

On 11/23/2011 04:37 PM, mvangeertruy@comcast.net wrote:

> Felix,
>

> I like the idea about the PMC.  The existing committers who have made large contributions
to the Ace codebase clearly have shown the desire to lead. As such, your suggestion makes
sense.

cycles of my time to stay aboard.

> Keep up the good work and Good Luck !
>
> Regards
> Felix
>

>> regards,
>>
>> karl
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Marcel Offermans
>> <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl>  wrote:
>>> As part of the preparation for the charter, we need to establish who wants to
be an initial member of the Apache ACE project. Our current team is listed on our website
(http://incubator.apache.org/ace/project-team.html) but I would like to use this moment to
ask everybody if they want to continue to contribute to ACE after its graduation. Also, I
would like to propose that our whole current team becomes part of the PMC. WDYT?

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org