ace-dev mailing list archives

From "jb@nanthrax.net" ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Target column extensions...
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:32:05 GMT
Hi Marcel,

Just testing the patch on my machine. It sounds good to me, let me check it.

Thanks
Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://wwx.talend.com

----- Reply message -----
From: "Marcel Offermans" <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl>
To: <ace-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Target column extensions...
Date: Thu, Nov 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi all,

I've just committed revision 1200658, which introduces some fixes for UI plugins that attach
to the target column. These plugins can basically find a target in either registered or unregistered
mode, and without explicit checks, you cannot assume all targets are registered.

However, the fix is just a stop gap. A better fix would be to allow plugins to specifically
register for a registered or unregistered target. This does mean that the number of tabs that
you see will vary, which might confuse a user.

WDYT?

Greetings, Marcel