ace-dev mailing list archives

From mvangeert...@comcast.net
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate ACE from the Apache Incubator
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 15:51:57 GMT

+1 (non-binding)

----- Original Message -----

From: "Angelo van der Sijpt" <angelo.vandersijpt@luminis.eu>
To: ace-dev@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 2:51:59 AM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Graduate ACE from the Apache Incubator

+1 , sounds good to me!

Angelo

On Nov 17, 2011, at 9:53 PM, Brian Topping wrote:

> +1, congrats!
>
> Cheers, Brian
>
> On Nov 17, 2011, at 5:42 AM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>
>> In my opinion, ACE is ready to begin the process of graduating from the Apache Incubator
to a Top Level Project.

>> Since joining the incubator in in May 2009 we've added 4 new committers (12 in total
now) from diverse organizations and did a release in May this year to demonstrate we follow
the Apache guidelines. We've shown an ability to self-govern using accepted Apache practices
and ACE continues to attract new contributors and users.

>> The first step is to vote as a community, demonstrating that ACE is ready and willing
to graduate. Once this vote is succesful we create a board resolution proposal or Charter
and start a vote on the general incubator list. The full process is described at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel