ace-dev mailing list archives

From mvangeert...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 07:42:30 GMT

Marcel,

I work for a company that performs integration work for large organizations. In that work,
I foresee issues with managing and incorporating rapid changes (eg. patches, bundle updates,
etc) as an issue when OSGi powered projects are deployed into operational environments. Because
of the rapid introduction of OSGi into my customer companies, Ace represents a solution to
this problem.

My end-goal with this is that I can provide my customers with an open-source tool they
can use to better manage thier operational deployment strategies.

I hope this makes sense.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Marcel Offermans" <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl>
To: ace-dev@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:52:20 AM
Subject: Re: Preparing for the Charter... Everybody still on board?

Hello Mike,

Like any Apache project, we always welcome contributions. Since you're a committer on Kalumet,
you've done all the necessary paperwork and we can just add you to the list. Welcome on board!
Perhaps you can share a few words with us about your background, your specific interests,
if any, etc.?

Greetings, Marcel

On Nov 22, 2011, at 23:14 PM, <mvangeertruy@comcast.net> <mvangeertruy@comcast.net>
wrote:

> Marcel,
>
> While I haven't been active in ACE, I have been very active with the Karaf project, and
am a committer on the Kalumet project.  Because of the similarities between Kalumet and Ace,
I think there is an argument to be made for me to become active with Ace also.  If you're
looking for new folks to contribute or add as a committer, I would like to help in any way
that I can.

member of the Apache ACE project. Our current team is listed on our website (http://incubator.apache.org/ace/project-team.html)
but I would like to use this moment to ask everybody if they want to continue to contribute
to ACE after its graduation. Also, I would like to propose that our whole current team becomes
part of the PMC. WDYT?