ace-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Client :: AutoDeploy
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:26:23 GMT
I've explained earlier what I'm looking around for. So I've been
thinking about an "AutoDeploy" bundle which reuses FileInstall's Scanner
class that oversees a local file system folder.

Whenever a local artifact is added, updated or removed, it synchronizes
it with the ArtifactRepository. When an artifact is added or removed it
is also added or removed from a group/feature that's configurable. After
each synchronization, the changes are committed.

The developer (it's only useful during development time after all) can
add that feature to a distribution which can then be deployed to targets.
That way, a build system can just put new bundles into a directory and
they automatically get deployed to any application instance that is
"connected" to the observed folder.

I've done some research today to understand the client API and I think
that should be possible. Does that make sense? Is that something that
you think would be a good addition to ACE maybe? Maybe "AutoDeploy" is
not the best name.

Jeremias Maerki