ace-dev mailing list archives

From Bram de Kruijff <bdekrui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a configuration resourceprocessor?
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 19:13:27 GMT
Hi list,

a couple more notes/questions on the configuration mechanism.

1) Seems that (at least) using the REST api I am required to set
"processorPid" : "org.osgi.deployment.rp.autoconf". Without it the
artifact will be created, but once associated to a target things fail
(exception below). From an api user perspective this feels
inconsistent (as it is different form bundles where you can leave it
empty or commit it altogether) and/or at least I'd expect an error on
creation because it apparently is required. From an implementation
perspective I am wondering why it needs to be specified at all as the
helpers map mimetypes to processors anyway.

Server side logged exception when leaving the attribute empty string:
(note the empty string in the message ;)

[Warn ] [012]org.apache.ace.client.repository.stateful.StatefulGatewayRepository;org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler:
EventAdmin: Exception during event dispatc
h [org.osgi.service.event.Event
[topic=org/apache/ace/client/repository/public/Group2LicenseAssociation/ADDED]
| [org.apache.ace.client.repository.stateful.Stat
efulGatewayRepository, org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler] |
Bundle(org.apache.ace.client.repository.impl [12])]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create deployment version:
there is no resource processing bundle available that publishes
        at org.apache.ace.client.repository.stateful.impl.StatefulGatewayRepositoryImpl.getNecessaryDeploymentArtifacts(StatefulGatewayRepositoryImpl.java:495)

Server side logged exception when omitting the attribute:

g! java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Neither the key nor the value
should be null.[Warn ]
[012]org.apache.ace.client.repository.stateful.StatefulGatewayReposi
tory;org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler: EventAdmin: Exception during
event dispatch [org.osgi.service.event.Event
[topic=org/apache/ace/client/repository/publ
ic/Group2LicenseAssociation/ADDED] |
[org.apache.ace.client.repository.stateful.StatefulGatewayRepository,
org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler] | Bundle(org.apa
che.ace.client.repository.impl [12])]

        at org.apache.ace.client.repository.impl.DeploymentArtifactImpl.addDirective(DeploymentArtifactImpl.java:98)

2) The velocity based properties substituion in metatype works once
you find out you need to wrap the in "${context.<tag>}". Documenting
this will save a lot of people a lot of searching and frustration ;)
As of yet I am unclear whether I can use the more powerful stuff such
as "foreach( $license in $gateway.children)" as described at
http://incubator.apache.org/ace/template-mechanism.html, but from the
implementation I guess not?

Furthermote I am wondering about why velocity is used at all. The
metatype provides us with declarative attributes descriptions that
allows UIs to provide appropriate input fields (eg felix webconsole) .
It could allow webui for example to spawn a "specify required missing
attributes" dialog upon association to a target. The velocity model is
non declarative making this stuff harder?

Regards,
Bram

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Bram de Kruijff <bdekruijff@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Angelo van der Sijpt
> <angelo.vandersijpt@luminis.eu> wrote:
>> The message you see tells us 'yes, we recognized your artifact, but we don't have
a resource processor bundle available.' During deployment, this bundle will be put into the
deployment package, and shipped along with the artifact so we can handle it (see section 114.10
of the OSGi Compendium spec).

>> You need to add a resource processor bundle to the system, just as you would import
any other bundle you want to provision (note that it will not be shown in the list of artifacts,
since it doesn't make sense to provision it yourself). There is an AutoConf processor available
as part of Felix' Deployment Admin.