ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Extending the management agent
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 14:14:36 GMT
Hey guys,

Some might have seen these fly by already, but I'm extending the management agent a bit to
add a couple of features that might help integrate it in different ways:

1) Add service interfaces to talk to it, instead of having to invoke the schedulable tasks.
Those tasks were the only way of, for example, checking for code. Great if you were using
a scheduler, less great if you were trying to invoke them "by hand". (ACE-161)

2) Add support for "serverless" installation of deployment packages, by adding explicit support
for 'file' based URLs in code that uses the Discovery service. (ACE-162)

At this point both are very much work in progress. Both are enhancements, so if you don't
use them, everything else should still work exactly the same. This is also why I did not develop
this in separate bundles.

Greetings, Marcel