ace-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Extending the management agent
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 02:13:42 GMT
Hi Marcel,

really great, thanks for the update.

Regards
JB

On 08/02/2011 04:14 PM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Some might have seen these fly by already, but I'm extending the management agent a bit
to add a couple of features that might help integrate it in different ways:

> 1) Add service interfaces to talk to it, instead of having to invoke the schedulable
tasks. Those tasks were the only way of, for example, checking for code. Great if you were
using a scheduler, less great if you were trying to invoke them "by hand". (ACE-161)

> 2) Add support for "serverless" installation of deployment packages, by adding explicit
support for 'file' based URLs in code that uses the Discovery service. (ACE-162)

> At this point both are very much work in progress. Both are enhancements, so if you don't
use them, everything else should still work exactly the same. This is also why I did not develop
this in separate bundles.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org