ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: CRUD on targets howto (via REST)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 15:01:56 GMT
On 3 Aug 2011, at 16:20 , Bram de Kruijff wrote:

> working with the new REST api doing some random CRUD on objects and
> noticed I can not delete targets? As the webui does not support
> deleting of target either I am kind of wondering how this works (or
> should work) conceptually. Are there attributes I can set to make them
> deletable?

At the moment you cannot delete targets.

Once a target exists, it accumulates historic data (audit log, versions that are deployed
to it). ACE keeps a full history of everything that ever happened, so you cannot currently
delete a target.

Now obviously we can discuss this, as there might be use cases where you simply do not care
about a target (and its history?) anymore, but as the current REST API reflects the client
API, delete does not work.

Greetings, Marcel