ace-dev mailing list archives

From "Irwin, Wayne" <Wayne.Ir...@gwl.ca>
Subject Cannot run Default Build
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 23:11:48 GMT
I have followed the instructions at
http://incubator.apache.org/ace/getting-started.html

The build in step 1 was successful and clean

Step 2 starts the server without error
	 -> Provision bundle
[file:/D:/WorkSpaces/Ace/Ace/ace-target-devserver/target/org.apache.ace.
target.devserver-0.8.1-incu

bator-SNAPSHOT-distribution/ace-devserver/ace-bundles/vaadin-6.5.1.jar,
at default start level, bundle will be started,
	bundle will be loaded from the cache]
	 -> Preparing framework [Felix 3.0.2]
	 -> Downloading bundles...
	 -> Using execution environment [J2SE-1.6]
	 -> Runner has successfully finished his job!

	_______________
	Welcome to Apache Felix Gogo

However
*	Port 8080 is not being listened to (as shown by netstat -a),
until I type in a command in Gogo (any command, even Help)
*	After I issue any command in Gogo, start receiving the following
reoccuring Exception (occurs every 15 seconds)
		java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
		        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native
Method)
		        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
		        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
		        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
		        at
java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
		        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(SSLSocketImpl.java:55
9)
		        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.connect(BaseSSLSocketImpl
.java:141)
		        at
sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:163)
		        at
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:394)
		        at
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:529)
		        at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.<init>(HttpsClient.java:272)
		        at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.New(HttpsClient.java:329)
		        at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.getNewHttp
Client(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:172)
		        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnecti
on.java:916)
		        at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Ab
stractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:158)
		        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(HttpURLConne
ction.java:1019)
		        at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getOutputStream(HttpsU
RLConnectionImpl.java:230)
		        at
org.jclouds.http.internal.JavaUrlHttpCommandExecutorService.convert(Java
UrlHttpCommandExecutorService.java:221)
		        at
org.jclouds.http.internal.JavaUrlHttpCommandExecutorService.convert(Java
UrlHttpCommandExecutorService.java:77)
		        at
org.jclouds.http.internal.BaseHttpCommandExecutorService$HttpResponseCal
lable.call(BaseHttpCommandExecutorService.java:156)
		        at
org.jclouds.http.internal.BaseHttpCommandExecutorService$HttpResponseCal
lable.call(BaseHttpCommandExecutorService.java:135)
		        at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
		        at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
		        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecuto
r.java:886)
		        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.ja
va:908)
		        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
*	Then get the message
		WARNING: Cannot retry after server error, command has
exceeded retry limit 5: [request=POST
https://ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ HTTP/1.1]
*	I am behind a proxy, so that may be the issue.  Why it is trying
to contact amazonaws?  How can I configure a proxy?
*	When I try to access http://localhost:8080/ace using a local
browser, I get a HTTP ERROR 404.  There is a web server there throwing
the 404 so that is at least one step in the right direction.  How can I
enable debugging?  I have set -Dorg.apache.felix.http.debug=true in the
platform.properties file, but cannot find any log files.
*	How do I shutdown the server?  Can't find a Gogo command, been
using <Cntrl-C>.

Thanks

Wayne