ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Integrating ACE into your development environment...
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 18:41:28 GMT
Hello JB,

On 10 Jun 2011, at 17:25 , Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> You're right around the download page and "communication" around the release. I'm gonna
update the wiki adding an announce and the download link.

Ok!

> 1/ I'm fully agree about usage of ACE during development. Does it mean that we will provide
plugin for Eclipse and/or IntelliJ supporting ACE. If it's the case, why not thinking a kind
of UI in Eclipse IDE, even for production system ? We should also support a kind of branding
for UI.

As a first step this is about enabling easy integration into build and IDE systems. The next
logical step would be to create integrations for specific IDE's and Premek for example has
already shown a project that might fit in nicely.

For production systems, my personal preference would be to stick with a web application, because
that requires no installation and because I see Eclipse as a development tool, not necessarily
as an end user tool. But the client API can definitely support other user interfaces, so from
that point of view, the more, the merrier!

> 2/ Now that the release if out, we need to work on the documentation. I propose to use
the mechanism used in Apache Camel: the documentation "source" is on the wiki and we will
be able to generate an user guide extracted from the wiki and generating professional PDF
documents (using Prince XML).

Do you have a link to some background information on how that works? One thing I am keeping
in the back of my mind as well is that Confluence will be phased out for creating projects'
websites. I don't think we must already move, but at some point in the future we will. We
should take that into account as well.

The most important thing is that we first must *have* user documentation first! :)

> 2'/ Around new features, I'm gonna resume the full support of Karaf next week, both as
a runtime container for ACE and a supported target (including features).

Please create some kind of sandbox in svn so we can all take a look at this!

> I have also in mind to provide AutoDeploy/Kalumet feature in ACE (system command support,
etc).

Ok.

> Next week will be an ACE one for me ;)

:) have a nice weekend!