ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: donating ACE IDE to ACE
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:12:35 GMT
I agree with both JB and Toni, we definitely want to accept this donation, and it would be
great if the two of you could pick it up (not trying to exclude anybody else that wants to
work on this, feel free to join in).

To explain the process of donating something, the following links are probably helpful:
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#poding-ip-clearance

Greetings, Marcel

On 16 Jun 2011, at 13:39 , Toni Menzel wrote:

> Great!! Nice to hear that. Would love to assist as i am also getting into
> the "mood" of developing Eclipse Plugins .. though.
> Thanks for the donation!
>
> Toni
>
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>wrote:
>
>> Hi Premek,
>>
>> it's really a great news !!
>> Thanks for this donation.
>>
>> I will be pleased to review it and mentor the integration of ACE IDE in
>> ACE.
>>
>> Thanks again
>> Regards
>> JB
>>

>> On 06/16/2011 12:16 PM, Přemek Brada wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Marcel and everybody,

>>> I spoke to the student developer, and he is willing to pass the
>>> project on to the Apache ACE project, re-licensing under ASL. Both him
>>> and I would however like to make sure that his (and our university)
>>> contribution does not disappear by doing so, ie that he can reference
>>> back to his work after it is part of ACE.
>>>
>>> So I would like to ask for help with the donation and transition. My
>>> rough idea is that
>>>
>>> 1. we create a jira ticket for this
>>> 2. we clarify the origin of the code (some minor pieces were reused
>>> from other open source projects)
>>> 3. an archive with cleaned up source (author in javadocs, correct
>>> license header) is attached to the ticket
>>> 4. paperwork related to the donation and IP clearance is done (?)
>>> 5. someone with committer rights imports the sources to the repository