ace-dev mailing list archives

From Bram de Kruijff <bdekrui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: parent pom
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:24:28 GMT
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why does our parent pom introduce dependencies on all subprojects? Is
> that just convenience for not having to figure out the dependencies on
> a more fine-grained level inside the individual artifacts or is there
> more to it?

Looks like convenience as they are only declared inside in
dependencyManagement (used for setting defaults and aligning
versions). If it where real dependencies you would have a cyclic
dependency preventing independent release anyway. If you are looking
for independent release cycles on the subproject level these defaults
don't make much sense in the end.

grz
Bram