ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] ACE 0.8.0 ReleaseCandidate
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:38:46 GMT
I would prefer a distribution that can also run on just any OSGi container. I don't mind also
providing a feature so one can easily run it in Karaf, but I'm hesitant about making ACE somehow
dependent on more than just the OSGi framework itself.

I know we currently use Pax Runner to bootstrap, which (especially when developing) is a very
flexible way of launching frameworks, but with the new launcher API we should be able to write
a very small piece of bootstrap code that launches ACE.

By the way, I completely agree with your end goals JB, run the server with a simple script
and run the target by deploying an agent in an OSGi instance (and/or provide an OSGi instance
with an agent).

Looking ahead a bit (not for now) we should be able to eat our own dogfood and be able to
provision an ACE server with ACE. Of course the first ACE server would have to be bootstrapped
with a script anyway. ;)

Greetings, Marcel