ace-dev mailing list archives

From "Geert Schuring" <ge...@schuring.eu>
Subject Re: Maven build problem
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 22:30:29 GMT
Marcel,

The deploymentadmin depends on the latest metatype snapshot (which
apparently isn't available in apache snapshots repo either), so you might
want to add that to the list of projects mentioned on
http://incubator.apache.org/ace/maven-build.html that need to be build
before ace can be build.

Geert.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Offermans
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 11:44 PM
To: ace-dev@incubator.apache.org ; Geert Schuring
Subject: Re: Maven build problem

Hello Geert,

On 14 Feb 2011, at 23:06 , Geert Schuring wrote:

> I run into a build problem building the trunk without using any profile.
> Dependency manager 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT cannot be found in any repo. Is this a
> known issue? Should I build depman locally first, or is there a problem
> with the apache snapshot repo?

Yes it is a known issue, and you should build the dependency manager,
deployment admin (and the included auto configuration) from source,
installing snapshots into your local Maven repository. We've documented that
here: http://incubator.apache.org/ace/maven-build.html

> Also, I've noticed some inconsistencies in the maven pom files so I get
> the impression the transition to maven is not fully done yet. I've got
> several years of experience with maven builds so if I can help out in that
> area let me know.

Contributions in that area are always very welcome! Not all of us here are
Maven Aces so to speak. ;)

> (Some context: I'm a servicemix developer and would like to use Ace to
> provision a Servicemix 4 Cloud.)

You've come to the right list! :)

Greetings, Marcel