ace-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Fixes to the build...
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2011 13:22:15 GMT
It's probably not as easy as that. Pax Exam only supports running tests in a single framework.
For this scenario to work, we need multiple frameworks plus something that can emulate a browser
and all the JavaScript and DOM manipulation that Vaadin will throw at it.

We can of course validate some aspects of this test in separate integration tests and for
that Pax Exam will work.

Greetings, Marcel


On Feb 26, 2011, at 13:54 , Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> +1
> 
> Let me check to add this in the itests using Pax Exam/Pax Runner.
> 
> Regards
> JB
> 
> On 02/26/2011 01:48 PM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>> To be fair, none of these mistakes are currently covered by tests, so the best solution
is to add more tests so this is automatically noticed. So far I have not had time to come
up with a good (UI) test framework that does basic smoke tests like:
>> - start a server,
>> - start a target,
>> - log in to the server,
>> - import a set of artifacts,
>> - associate them with a feature, a distribution,
>> - hook all of them up,
>> - store the changes,
>> - validate that the target gets provisioned.
>> 
>> That's basically the smoke test I do manually a lot of the time (usually with a set
of demo bundles from Felix, the famous drawing application).
>> 
>> Greetings, Marcel
>> 
>> 
>> On Feb 26, 2011, at 13:39 , Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>> 
>>> Hi Marcel,
>>> 
>>> For the Vaadin, maybe I made a mistake, I don't remember.
>>> 
>>> For the Knopflerfish, I removed it before and readded it on friday. Maybe I forgot
something.
>>> 
>>> Anyway, you're right, more than be able to build, testing the runtime is a must
have.
>>> 
>>> My apologies, I will take attention of that in the future.
>>> 
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>> 
>>> On 02/26/2011 01:35 PM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>>>> Hey guys,
>>>> 
>>>> This morning, while trying to work on another issue, I had to fix the build
first because:
>>>> 
>>>> a) somehow the Vaadin dependency was reverted back to the (not working) 6.5.0
version, instead of 6.5.1;
>>>> b) the Knopflerfish log and useradmin bundles were missing from the ace-target-devserver.
>>>> 
>>>> I know we're in a state of flux while improving the build, but please make
sure things say in a working order.
>>>> 
>>>> Greetings, Marcel
>>>> 
>> 


Mime
View raw message