ace-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Tran <dant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to build felix/dependencymanager and therefore ACE
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 23:18:55 GMT
better log

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) biz.aQute:bnd:jar:0.0.401

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=biz.aQute -DartifactId=bnd
-Dversion=0.0.401 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=biz.aQute -DartifactId=bnd
-Dversion=0.0.401 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.annotation:maven-plugin:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) biz.aQute:bnd:jar:0.0.401

----------

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Dan Tran <dantran@gmail.com> wrote:
> When build with felix/dependencymanagement
>
> this what I got.
>

> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) biz.aQute:bnd:jar:0.0.401
>
>  Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>

> Big thanks for looking into this issue
>
> -Dan
>
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Marcel Offermans
> <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
>> Hello Dan,
>>
>> On Feb 9, 2011, at 19:06 , Dan Tran wrote:
>>
>>> Hi I am trying the build ACE for the first time, and running into
>>> build issue with felix/dependencymanagement snapshot where bnd version
>>> 0.0.401 is not at maven central, but i could not find that version
>>> either at biz.aQute site.
>>
>>> Do you have work around for this?  is there any thing else beside bnd?
>>
>> I am assuming you found the instructions here:
>> http://incubator.apache.org/ace/maven-build.html
>>
>> From your description I'm not 100% sure where you get the missing dependency. Is
it when building 'dependencymanager' or 'deploymentadmin'? Could you post some lines of output
that show the message. Building those here locally does seem to work, but that might be because
I have things in my local Maven cache that you don't.