ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Maven build problem
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:44:16 GMT
Hello Geert,

On 14 Feb 2011, at 23:06 , Geert Schuring wrote:

> I run into a build problem building the trunk without using any profile. Dependency manager
3.0.0-SNAPSHOT cannot be found in any repo. Is this a known issue? Should I build depman locally
first, or is there a problem with the apache snapshot repo?

Yes it is a known issue, and you should build the dependency manager, deployment admin (and
the included auto configuration) from source, installing snapshots into your local Maven repository.
We've documented that here: http://incubator.apache.org/ace/maven-build.html

> Also, I've noticed some inconsistencies in the maven pom files so I get the impression
the transition to maven is not fully done yet. I've got several years of experience with maven
builds so if I can help out in that area let me know.

Contributions in that area are always very welcome! Not all of us here are Maven Aces so to
speak. ;)

> (Some context: I'm a servicemix developer and would like to use Ace to provision a Servicemix
4 Cloud.)

You've come to the right list! :)

Greetings, Marcel