ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Unable to build felix/dependencymanager and therefore ACE
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 23:27:14 GMT
Thanks!

I'll forward this issue to my co-developer of that bundle, as he's currently working on the
annotation bundle for the dependency manager.

The good news is, you don't really need that one for ACE, so instead of building the whole
dependency manager, go one level deeper into the dependencymanager/core folder and do a "mvn
install" there. That should build the core bundle, which is enough for ACE and for now just
skip the rest.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Greetings, Marcel

On Feb 10, 2011, at 0:18 , Dan Tran wrote:

> better log
>
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) biz.aQute:bnd:jar:0.0.401
>
>  Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>  Then, install it using the command:
>      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=biz.aQute -DartifactId=bnd
> -Dversion=0.0.401 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
>      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=biz.aQute -DartifactId=bnd
> -Dversion=0.0.401 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
> -DrepositoryId=[id]
>
>  Path to dependency:
>        1) org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.annotation:maven-plugin:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>        2) biz.aQute:bnd:jar:0.0.401
>
> ----------
>

> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Dan Tran <dantran@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When build with felix/dependencymanagement
>>
>> this what I got.
>>

>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>>
>> Missing:
>> ----------
>> 1) biz.aQute:bnd:jar:0.0.401
>>
>>  Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>>

>> Big thanks for looking into this issue
>>
>> -Dan
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Marcel Offermans
>> <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:

>>> I am assuming you found the instructions here:
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/ace/maven-build.html
>>>
>>> From your description I'm not 100% sure where you get the missing dependency.
Is it when building 'dependencymanager' or 'deploymentadmin'? Could you post some lines of
output that show the message. Building those here locally does seem to work, but that might
be because I have things in my local Maven cache that you don't.