ace-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [PROPOSAL] ACE 0.8.0 ReleaseCandidate
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:08:25 GMT
Hi all,

Geert and I are working on fully support of Maven 3 in ACE (properties,
cleanups, etc).

I hope to complete it end of this morning.
In the mean time, I deployed Felix Metatype, Dependency Manager and
Deployment Admin into the ACE m2 repo:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ace/repo/org/apache/felix/

and defined this repo in the ACE pom.

It allows users to be able to build ACE directly without building
previous dependencies.

I think that we are not so far from a release now.

I propose:
1/ to release ACE 0.8.0 asap (I can do it tomorrow). It's a
ReleaseCandidate version. The purpose is to check the release process
(identify if there are some particular points) and document this release
process.
2/ The 0.8.0 will allow us to prepare demo/tests and identify what's the
pending points. My purpose is to be able to prepare a ACE 1.0 release
for end of march, and allow Marcel and Karl to announce ACE 1.0 at
OSGiCon/EclipseCon during the ACE talk.

WDYT ?

Regards
JB