ace-dev mailing list archives

From Premek Brada <br...@kiv.zcu.cz>
Subject Re: updating bundle-target mapping
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:24:40 GMT

Hi Angelo,

thanks for replying, I serve only as a proxy to the developer :( so I
have forwarded your suggestions to him and will wait for a response.

Premek

On 3.2.2011 21:39, Angelo van der Sijpt wrote:
> Hi Premek,
>
> Hm, it should be enough programmatically create the links, let the StatefulGatewayRepository
generate the new deployment version (you could, for instance, start logging events to see
whether that actually happens), and commit the RepositoryAdmin.

> You are using the API's provided for this, e.g. the GatewayRepository and friends? Besides,
did you remember to either approve the gateway, or to turn on its AutoApprove property?

> Angelo
>

> On Feb 2, 2011, at 3:35 PM, Premek Brada wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> while working on an IDE for Apache ACE (see http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/eclipse-ace/),
we ran into an interesting issue: We are able to build a bundle from its Eclipse PDE project,
and store the resulting new bundle version into ACE repository (server started off Eclipse).
Then we successfully update the bundle-feature-distibution mapping and distribution-target
mapping by manipulating the corresponding xml config files, but are unable to find a way to
programmatically update the bundle-target mapping config which is (strangely?) also needed.
The new version of the bundle therefore cannot be automatically pushed to a configured target.

>> (In other words, we are able to modify these ...
>> http://localhost:8080/repository/checkout?customer=apache&name=shop&version=XX
>> http://localhost:8080/repository/checkout?customer=apache&name=gateway&version=XX
>> ... but don't know how to modify this
>> http://localhost:8080/repository/checkout?customer=apache&name=deployment&version=XX
>> )
>>
>> Currently therefore we resorted to a "solution" to bring up a popup window in Eclipse,
instructing the user to run the Web UI and click "retrieve" and "store" so as to update the
bundle-target mapping.

>> Surely there must be a better way :) or at least so we think (a "hidden" API or at
least a well-defined URL on the repo/server). Could someone enlighten us please?

>> Thanks,
>> Premek
>>
>> PS: If you think an ACE IDE could be helpful to you, please feel free to try it;
we need feedback and ideas for its further evolution.