ace-dev mailing list archives

From Premek Brada <br...@kiv.zcu.cz>
Subject updating bundle-target mapping
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 14:35:55 GMT
Hello everybody,

while working on an IDE for Apache ACE (see
http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/eclipse-ace/), we ran into an
interesting issue: We are able to build a bundle from its Eclipse PDE
project, and store the resulting new bundle version into ACE repository
(server started off Eclipse). Then we successfully update the
bundle-feature-distibution mapping and distribution-target mapping by
manipulating the corresponding xml config files, but are unable to find
a way to programmatically update the bundle-target mapping config which
is (strangely?) also needed. The new version of the bundle therefore
cannot be automatically pushed to a configured target.

(In other words, we are able to modify these ...
http://localhost:8080/repository/checkout?customer=apache&name=shop&version=XX
http://localhost:8080/repository/checkout?customer=apache&name=gateway&version=XX
... but don't know how to modify this
http://localhost:8080/repository/checkout?customer=apache&name=deployment&version=XX
)

Currently therefore we resorted to a "solution" to bring up a popup
window in Eclipse, instructing the user to run the Web UI and click
"retrieve" and "store" so as to update the bundle-target mapping.

Surely there must be a better way :) or at least so we think (a "hidden"
API or at least a well-defined URL on the repo/server). Could someone
enlighten us please?

Thanks,
Premek

PS: If you think an ACE IDE could be helpful to you, please feel free to
try it; we need feedback and ideas for its further evolution.

--
Premek Brada (Ing et MSc, PhD)
   Lecturer in Software enginering, Webmaster