ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Fixes to the build...
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2011 12:48:34 GMT
To be fair, none of these mistakes are currently covered by tests, so the best solution is
to add more tests so this is automatically noticed. So far I have not had time to come up
with a good (UI) test framework that does basic smoke tests like:
- start a server,
- start a target,
- log in to the server,
- import a set of artifacts,
- associate them with a feature, a distribution,
- hook all of them up,
- store the changes,
- validate that the target gets provisioned.

That's basically the smoke test I do manually a lot of the time (usually with a set of demo
bundles from Felix, the famous drawing application).

Greetings, Marcel