ace-dev mailing list archives

From j.@nanthrax.net
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] ACE 0.8.0 ReleaseCandidate
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:51:46 GMT
Yep it's exactly the purpose ;)
-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Offermans <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:45:06
To: <ace-dev@incubator.apache.org>; <jb@nanthrax.net>
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] ACE 0.8.0 ReleaseCandidate

On 23 Feb 2011, at 10:37 , Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> FYI, I propose to add an assembly in 0.8.0 release. The assembly should provide the following
artifacts:
> - ACE sources archive (zip/tar.gz)

yes

> - ACE agent runtime (zip/tar.gz)

Do you mean an assembly containing an OSGi framework implementation plus the bundles that
make up the ACE management agent?

> - ACE consoles (zip/tar.gz)

Is this the server?

> The purpose to give the user the possibility to quickly start with ACE.

The latter two should make it easy for people to start, indeed, if they are also preconfigured
to run on localhost with some easy instructions to change that.