ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Gateway discovery
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 07:21:11 GMT
Hello Dennis,

On 5 Jan 2011, at 4:44 , Dennis Crissman wrote:

> 1. How do I connect a gateway to a server?

A gateway uses its Discovery service to find out where the server is it should connect to.
This service basically returns a URL. The default implementation of that service can be configured
using ConfigurationAdmin (see ace-discovery-property). The PID of that configuration is "org.apache.ace.discovery.property"
and the single key you need to supply is "serverURL".

If you want to change the default when building the ace-target-devgateway assembly, look in:

ace-target-devgateway/src/main/resources/conf/org.apache.ace.discovery.property.cfg

and change the default (localhost) to something different.

> 2. When I start the server, I get the following error.
> {code}
> Error in C:\path\Apache-Ace\ace-target-devserver-0.8.0-SNAPSHOT-distribution\ace-devserver\store
: Low Range is higher than High Range: 4.1.3-4.1.3
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Low Range is higher than High Range: 4.1.3-4.1.3
>        at org.osgi.impl.bundle.obr.resource.VersionRange.<init>(VersionRange.java:44)
>        at org.osgi.impl.bundle.obr.resource.ManifestEntry.addParameter(ManifestEntry.java:93)

You've ran into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-95 which is still open. I did not
have time myself to look into it yet, but that should be in ace-obr-metadata. I'll try to
look into it when I have time, but feel free to supply a patch if you've figured it out before
me!

Greetings, Marcel