ace-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Crissman <denniscriss...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: How to deploy bundles?
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 13:06:01 GMT

In the webui, when I click the '-', either nothing happens or I get an error a popup with
"Error breaking link". If I click on the 'X', I get "Error updating highlights; java.lang.IllegalArgumentException".

Attached are images of the actual exceptions.

For the ace ui, which is a nice looking face-lift btw. What is the username/password or how
can I set it?

Thanks,
Dennis Crissman

> From: denniscrissman@hotmail.com
> To: ace-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: RE: How to deploy bundles?
> Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 07:42:33 -0500
>

> I haven't tried the /ace, but I will give that a go. I actually have read that documentation
before, but the drag and drop doesn't work for me and I will occasionally get an alert with
an error. I will grab a screen shot next time I see it.

> I am running Firefox on XP.
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis Crissman
>
> > Subject: Re: How to deploy bundles?
> > From: angelo.vandersijpt@luminis.eu
> > Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:34:13 +0100
> > To: ace-dev@incubator.apache.org
> >
> > You have to use the web ui for that; see http://incubator.apache.org/ace/getting-started-with-the-web-ui-based-server.html
for more information. You can nowadays replace the /webui by /ace to see our still slightly
experimental new UI.

> > Angelo
> >
> > On Jan 20, 2011, at 12:29 AM, Dennis Crissman wrote:
> >

> > > Ok, I can get the server and client standing. Client registered with server
and bundles added in the webui. I can create Features and Distributions.

> > > What I cannot figure out, is how to add a bundle to a feature, distribution,
or client? Could someone explain how this process works?