ace-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ACE roadmap
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:46:32 GMT
JB, starting to work on a release would be great. It will both allow a larger audience to try
out ACE and it will help grow the community.

My suggestion would be to start small with wiki pages. Based on the content volume it will
not be hard to morph into a manual subproject later.
Also a release could be done even before the guides are ready. The feedback on the first release
may help shaping up the guides. Plus getting the release process right may take a bit of effort.

Any volunteer for release manager role? I was a release manager for a couple of projects and
I volunteer to help the volunteer :).

My $0.02,
Hadrian

On Jan 14, 2011, at 10:21 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to make a kind of checkpoint and propose an ACE roadmap:
>
> Where we are:
> 1/ We already have a maven build operational for ACE. I would like to make some minor
enhancements on that topic. The "new" website is more clear.
> 2/ I'm working on kind of "tutorial", beginning with ACE from scratch.
>
> Roadmap:
> 3/ Regarding point 2/, the current "getting start" wiki pages are interesting but I think
that a kind of "user guide" is interesting.
> We can use the wiki for that, or, as we have in Karaf or ServiceMix, a manual subproject.
What do you prefer ?
> I will raise a Jira about that and work on it.
> 4/ A demo project could be interesting too, it can be included in the ACE distribution.
>
> Once we have more doc and demo materials, and performing some tests during the doc/demo
writing, I propose to prepare a first release.

> In the mean time, regarding my previous e-mail, I propose to begin to work on JEE (Kalumet)
stuff in ACE.