ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: How to deploy bundles?
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2011 12:16:42 GMT
On 20 Jan 2011, at 14:06 , Dennis Crissman wrote:

> In the webui, when I click the '-', either nothing happens or I get an error a popup
with "Error breaking link". If I click on the 'X', I get "Error updating highlights; java.lang.IllegalArgumentException".

> Attached are images of the actual exceptions.

The attachments did not make it to the list it seems, but in general it's better to add those
attachments to Jira issues.

> For the ace ui, which is a nice looking face-lift btw. What is the username/password
or how can I set it?

The UI relies on the OSGi UserAdmin service to provide users. There are a few users configured
by default right now. You can, for example login with username "d" password "f". The reason
we've defined more users is that we might want to add role based access control in the future,
allowing people with different roles to do different things in the UI.

Please try out the new UI. It still has a few issues, but by now, most features of the GWT
UI are there. Because we're moving in that direction, I would much rather spend time fixing
anything you find there.

Greetings, Marcel

> Thanks,
> Dennis Crissman
>
> > From: denniscrissman@hotmail.com
> > To: ace-dev@incubator.apache.org
> > Subject: RE: How to deploy bundles?
> > Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 07:42:33 -0500
> >

> > I haven't tried the /ace, but I will give that a go. I actually have read that documentation
before, but the drag and drop doesn't work for me and I will occasionally get an alert with
an error. I will grab a screen shot next time I see it.

> > I am running Firefox on XP.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dennis Crissman
> >
> > > Subject: Re: How to deploy bundles?
> > > From: angelo.vandersijpt@luminis.eu
> > > Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:34:13 +0100
> > > To: ace-dev@incubator.apache.org
> > >
> > > You have to use the web ui for that; see http://incubator.apache.org/ace/getting-started-with-the-web-ui-based-server.html
for more information. You can nowadays replace the /webui by /ace to see our still slightly
experimental new UI.

> > > Angelo

and bundles added in the webui. I can create Features and Distributions.

or client? Could someone explain how this process works?