ace-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: ACE roadmap
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2011 07:02:57 GMT
Thanks Hadrian,

The purpose of wiki page is to give a quick and "simple" overview of
ACE. Currently ACE is not easy to people not really involved in the OSGi
deployment constraints, etc.

For the release manager role, I can do it if all is OK. I will begin be
writing the Release Guide on the wiki as I made for ServiceMix and Karaf.

Regards
JB

On 01/14/2011 07:46 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
> JB, starting to work on a release would be great. It will both allow a larger audience
to try out ACE and it will help grow the community.

> My suggestion would be to start small with wiki pages. Based on the content volume it
will not be hard to morph into a manual subproject later.
> Also a release could be done even before the guides are ready. The feedback on the first
release may help shaping up the guides. Plus getting the release process right may take a
bit of effort.

> Any volunteer for release manager role? I was a release manager for a couple of projects
and I volunteer to help the volunteer :).

> My $0.02,
> Hadrian
>
> On Jan 14, 2011, at 10:21 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to make a kind of checkpoint and propose an ACE roadmap:
>>
>> Where we are:
>> 1/ We already have a maven build operational for ACE. I would like to make some minor
enhancements on that topic. The "new" website is more clear.
>> 2/ I'm working on kind of "tutorial", beginning with ACE from scratch.
>>
>> Roadmap:
>> 3/ Regarding point 2/, the current "getting start" wiki pages are interesting but
I think that a kind of "user guide" is interesting.
>> We can use the wiki for that, or, as we have in Karaf or ServiceMix, a manual subproject.
What do you prefer ?
>> I will raise a Jira about that and work on it.
>> 4/ A demo project could be interesting too, it can be included in the ACE distribution.
>>
>> Once we have more doc and demo materials, and performing some tests during the doc/demo
writing, I propose to prepare a first release.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
---------------------------------
  HomePage