ace-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject ACE roadmap
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 15:21:23 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to make a kind of checkpoint and propose an ACE roadmap:

Where we are:
1/ We already have a maven build operational for ACE. I would like to
make some minor enhancements on that topic. The "new" website is more clear.
2/ I'm working on kind of "tutorial", beginning with ACE from scratch.

Roadmap:
3/ Regarding point 2/, the current "getting start" wiki pages are
interesting but I think that a kind of "user guide" is interesting.
We can use the wiki for that, or, as we have in Karaf or ServiceMix, a
manual subproject. What do you prefer ?
I will raise a Jira about that and work on it.
4/ A demo project could be interesting too, it can be included in the
ACE distribution.

Once we have more doc and demo materials, and performing some tests
during the doc/demo writing, I propose to prepare a first release.

In the mean time, regarding my previous e-mail, I propose to begin to
work on JEE (Kalumet) stuff in ACE.
My purpose is to include first Kalumet parts in the second ACE release.

WDYT ?

If you are OK, I will try to work on these points this week end.

Thanks
Regards
JB